Superior Lawn care – Your One-Stop Shop!
For all your lawn care needs in Mississauga, don’t hesitate to hire the best – Superior Lawn Care! Superior Lawn Care also services Oakville and Brampton areas. We guarantee our work and always aim to exceed your expectations. Check out our gallery of past work and see for yourself! We specialize in residential, commercial and industrial work. Superior Lawn Care has been providing lawn care services in Mississauga since 1995 and we’re proud of it! Our services include more than just lawn care, we also offer landscaping, interlocking brickwork, snow plowing and removal, excavating, Bobcat services and much more! We are your one-stop shop!
Choosing The Best Type Of Grass For Your Lawn
Deciding which type of grass (sod or seed) is best for your lawn, depends on the climate where you live (warm or cold). In areas where there is a transition, all types of grass may grow.
Grasses ideal for growing in warmer climates include:
- Bahia – which grows to about 2 – 2 1/2″, requires moderate to full sunlight This tough turfgrass has a rough texture, can handle heavy foot traffic and is best suited to heat and humidity.
- Bermuda – which grows to about 1 – 1 1/2 “, requires full sunlight The rapid growth of this grass allows it to have excellent weed resistance, to handle heavy foot traffic and survive a drought.
- Centipede – which grows to about 1 1/2 – 2″, requires full to partial sunlight This tough turfgrass is low-growing and low maintenance. It grows best in acidic soil and has excellent weed resistance.
- St. Augustine – which grows to about 2-3″, requires full to partial sunlight This turfgrass is the choice grass for southern climates and sandy soil. The blue-green colour lasts into winter.
Grass ideal for growing in colder climates include:
- Bentgrass – which grows to about 1/2 – 1″, requires full sunlight
- Bluegrass – which grows to about 2 – 2 1/2″, requires full sunlight This type of grass is the most commonly used in colder climates and its colour and texture are beautiful if treated properly and given full sunlight.
- Perennial Ryegrass – which grows to about 2 – 3″, requires full sunlight This type of grass germinates quickly and can handle heavy foot traffic.
- Fine Fescue – which grows to about 2 – 3″, requires either full sunlight or shade
- Tall Fescue – which grows to about 2 – 3″, requires either full or partial sunlight The fescue family of grasses can tolerate both hot and cold climates, drought, shade and can be easily maintained to keep its beautiful appearance by fertilizing regularly.
In general most grass types fall into two categories:
- Creeping Grasses – Prone to thatch (dead turf). These grasses include bluegrass, Bermuda and most of the other warm season varieties. These grasses also spread above or below ground running plants.
- Bunch Grasses – These types of grasses include fescues and ryegrass and they spread from the crown of the plant. High level mowing protects this crown to ensure health and survival.
No matter what your lawn care needs are in Mississauga, include the Superior Lawn Care team into your plan, and have your lawn be the envy of the whole neighbourhood. Contact us today for our rates.